I’m sure you’ll all be doing awesome Hallowe’eny type things tomorrow, but if you get a chance there are a few bits of excitement you can participate in:
1) Drop in on my Livestream reading of the whole book from beginning to end. Yes, that’s right, I’m reading the whole damn thing. The fun begins at 7:30 a.m. PST. Note: You don’t have to stay for the whole thing, no worries about showing up late or leaving early.
2) Enter my Goodreads Giveaway! As of the time of this post, you have about 7 hours left to enter for a chance to win one of 13 copies. I will be announcing the winners tomorrow LIVE during the aforementioned reading.
3) Purchase the book! I have spent much of today fussing around with the shopping cart on my Website, and all of the books (and most of the bits of Kickstarter swag) are available for purchase there. The main reason to buy through my site is if you want items signed. I’m charging a small handling fee for that service, sorry—but just think of how much easier it will be to fake credit card applications in my name! Of course, you can also purchase the book through Amazon.com and Powells.com. The Trade Paperback is currently available on both those sites, and I am reliably informed that the eBook versions will be available tomorrow on Amazon as well. If you’re a fan of Barnes & Noble, it’s worth noting that the book has a page up there but for some reason you can’t actually order it. I guess Barnes and Noble has nothing better to do with their website than show pictures of books that one can’t actually purchase. It’s a fascinating business model, I must say.
4) Say stuff about the book. Tweet about it, review it, decry it from the pulpit, you know, the basics. I leave the specifics in your capable hands.
5) Come to my launch party this Saturday! I know, this isn’t strictly a launch-day event, but I have invested a small fortune in egg rolls and apple pies and I am desperately afraid that no one will come and consume them and I will be stuck eating some kind of unholy egg-roll-apple-casserole for the next month. Also, the party’s signature drink is going to be an honest-to-God black cherry phosphate. Have you ever HAD a phosphate, people? Aren’t you just dying to taste one? Well, haul your butt up to Room 1450 (no, I did not get a damn suite, don’t even ask) at 7 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 3.
All right. While I feel I have done enough for today, there is still much, much, much more that needs doing. But before I light that midnight oil, I have earned a reward … a couple of episodes of “How It’s Made” with Nora. Perhaps at long last I will unravel the mysteries of how automobile thermostats are assembled! Well, I can dream, can’t I?